· 32 oz chicken broth ( or veggie broth to make vegetarian friendly)
· 12 oz beer
· 1 cup of carrots, finely diced or shredded
· ½ cup celery, finely diced
· 1 cup onion finely diced
· 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 tsp salt
· ½ tsp pepper
· 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
· 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
· ½ cup heavy cream
· ¼ cup cornstarch
1. Place all chicken broth, beer, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper into your crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
2. Once time is up, remove lid and stir in shredded cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Next whisk in cornstarch. Recover and cook for 10-15 minutes longer.
3. For a smooth soup (which we prefer for this soup), use an blend soup in batches, or use an immersion blender before serving.