|Browned Brussels Sprouts|
(SERVES 8) |
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp finely minced garlic
2 Ib fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
1/2, cup roasted, skinned hazelnuts
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice Browned
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Add oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Once the butter has melted, add garlic, stir, then spread Brussels sprouts in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Cook about 3 minutes without disturbing, until browned. Then, stirring occasionally,
cook until well-browned all over, 5-8 minutes.
4. Add 1/4. cup water and cook until tender but not mushy, 4-5 minutes. If the water evaporates, add 2 tbsp more as needed.
5. Stir in hazelnuts, then add lemon juice, plus salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately or keep warm for up to 20 minutes