|California Gouda-Stuffed Mushrooms|
– 6 ounces pancetta or Canadian bacon, finely diced
– 2 tablespoons Real California butter
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
– 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Real California Gouda cheese
– 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
– 24 (2-inch) crimini mushroom caps
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium skillet, sauté pancetta over medium-high heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl. Discard fat from skillet. Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook just until wilted. Add to pancetta; allow to cool slightly. Stir in cheese, bread crumbs and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place mushrooms on baking sheet. Mound about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into center of each mushroom cap. Bake for 8 minutes. Serve hot.