|Ciabatta Pizza with Gorgonzola, Walnut
Pesto, and Pears
• 2 cups walnuts
• 1 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
• 1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 1/3 pounds), halved horizontally
• 10 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese
• 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips
• 2 pears, halved, cored, thinly sliced
• 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
• 2 cups arugula
Preheat oven to 450°F. Toast nuts on baking sheet until brown, about 6 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. Transfer hot nuts to processor. Add oil, honey, and thyme; blend until nuts are finely chopped. Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper.
Place bread halves, cut side up, on baking sheet. Spread pesto over bread, about 1 cup per side. Top with Havarti. Bake until bubbly and golden, about 12 minutes. Top with prosciutto, then pears and Gorgonzola. Tuck in arugula. Sprinkle with pepper.