Orange and Avocado Butter Lettuce Salad
| Serves 4 to 5|
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsp agave nectar
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned (I used 4 clementines but can also use an 11-ounce can mandarin oranges)
• 1 avocado, peeled and diced
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
• 1/2 head butter lettuce
1. Combine juices, olive oil, agave nectar, salt and pepper in a shallow medium bowl, whisking to combine. Add oranges, avocado and onion, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
2. Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and arrange on serving plate. Spoon marinated orange mixture on top and gently toss to combine.