Spring Greens with Fresh Berries, Pecans & Goat Cheese in Raspberry Vinaigrette
For the Dressing
- 2-1/2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots, from one shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 (6-7 ounce) bag or carton spring greens (about 6-7 cups)
- 2 cups (1 pint) stemmed and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Combine raspberry vinegar, vegetable oil, honey, Dijon mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a small sealable container and shake vigorously to blend (be sure honey doesn't stick to bottom). Alternatively, combine vinegar, honey, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine spring greens, strawberries, blueberries and pecans. Add the dressing little by little and toss until greens are well-coated (you may have a bit left over but you'll use most of it). Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad on four plates and sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over top and serve.